As this is my final year at University, it is down to the students to organise our end of year show. Within my professional practice module for this year, I am a part of the design team; this is perfect to suit my abilities as a photographer and graphic designer. I can have an input of how the degree show looks and is styled. I can even make designs of my own which could be used. I feel that the degree shows look should be simple and clean, all it needs to do is explain that it is a degree show and who is hosting it. As the show is Fine Art, Graphic Design and Photography, it can’t just be an image of one persons work as that does not reflect on everyone else.
This is quite a nice, simple design which does the job of showing what the show is, who is hosting it and when. The year is even the key focal point of the design but this may not be enough, this design may be slightly too simplistic, not showing the creativity of the students. The colours work well and the grey is not too dark and the orange isn’t too vivid.
This is a postcard/invitation for the degree show, it would be handed out to guests to let them know about the show prior to actual invitations being sent out. This is so they have early knowledge that there is a degree show in the works to make sure they don’t make any plans for that date well in advance. The design is very simple but uses nice bright colours which will attract a viewer’s attention; there is also enough information to make the audience know what they are going see but not too much as to confuse of bore them.
This is a poster design which I put together to promote the show; it is a simple design where I used the University logo as the main focal point of the piece. I did not simply use the original logo with the regular colours, I used illustrator to create a vector of the image, this means that it uses a set amount of solid colours to convert and image into a cartoon stylised image. I chose to just keep the logo as two colours, white for the outline of the logo and the solid colour is from behind the image. Then for the last design, I used two shades of blue, this looks nice as it is not just plain white.
I have made an alternative design for the poster, this uses influence from the word ‘show’ which makes me think of class and high culture such as a theatre. This is why I have added red curved shapes to either side of the page as it looks similar to a red curtain in a theatre. This is the opening date for our show and the curtains are opening to reveal it to the public. It also incorporates the logo as the main focus using the same two colours for the whole page. The logo also overlaps the ‘curtains’ so that it can all be read clearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment