Trying to experiment with banners for a website, I began using different type to form a headline which would be easily read but also graphically impressive at the same time. I used a cursive font as this gave a sense of elegance and class, I didn’t want the rest of the work to look too classy as it may give a sense of being old fashioned, I used bright colours and made the text look like it had a clean shine to it. Then adding the flick on the end of the writing to finish it off nicely. I did this by lightening areas of the text and painting a slightly brighter blue over one half of the text. This creates the illusion that the text is glistening in the light. I also made the text appear 3D by duplicating the layer and moving the text down slightly and then darkening it to create shading. Finally adding a gradient to prevent the background from looking plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment